The following information will help focus your search for research and travel funding. Please email Michele McDonough for further information on department services for securing research funding or for answers to any questions about submitting proposals.
External Funding Resources
There are several robust search engines that can be set up to send you email updates about funding opportunities based on keyword searches that you create and can modify. Those can be found at the following sites:
- IRIS: http://www.library.uiuc.edu/iris/
- Community of Science: http://www.cos.com/
- GrantsNet at ScienceCareers.org: www.grantsnet.org
- Grants.gov at NIH: http://www.fedgrants.gov/
- Chicago Biomedical Consortium: http://www.chicagobiomedicalconsortium.org/grants/
Internal Funding Resources
Molecular Biosciences Opportunities:
- IBiS offers both the IBiS Travel Award and the IBiS Career Support grant. Please see the IBiS website for more information.
- Molecular Biosciences graduate students can also receive annual supplemental funding for conference expenses. Please contact Cathy Prullage for additional information.
- Standard NIH Deadlines:
- E-proposal system:
- Office of Sponsored Research Forms:
Other University Resources:
- Weinberg College Funding Resources: http://www.wcas.northwestern.edu/faculty/funding.html
- Office of Sponsored Research Funding Resources: http://www.research.northwestern.edu/research/osr/funding.html
- Office of Research Development: http://www.research.northwestern.edu/ord/funding/
- Searle Center for Teaching Excellence: http://www.northwestern.edu/searle/resources/grants-for-innovative-teaching.html